1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice for oily skin??

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Princessteacher09, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    <address>I'm looking for some advice on what make up I could use to help my very oily (and spotty) skin. I'm already spending a fortune on Dermalogica products that are supposed to help, but don't seem to be! yet! :-( i'm currently using No 7 Beautifully matt foundation, which looks fab first thing in the morning, but i'm shiny after just a couple of hours. Is there a powder you could recommend to help? </address>I'm 27 years old and expecting my first baby in a few weeks and just feel so paranoid about my horrible greasy, oily, spotty skin! :-(
    Thanks in advance for your help x x

2. Have you tried a powder foundation, rather than a liquid foundation? I use Benefit's Hello Flawless on my sensitve skin... using liquid foundation tends to give me spots!

3. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

4. If you have a Lush nearby, try some Aqua Marina (cleanser). It got my sensitive, spot-prone skin under control. Doesn't entirely stop the shine but I think it reduces it and it certainly stopped the outbreaks of sopts.

5. I highly recommend Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish which is a really gentle skin wash. I have been astonished at how it has calmed and improved my skin. It is available online via her website or in John Lewis. If you can get to a JLewis they will give you a little sample and that should be enough for you to decide if you like it.