1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice for new Trainee !

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by aw99, Aug 28, 2011.

1. aw99

aw99 New commenter

So, I'm about to start my B'Ed primary....any advice !? Really nervous but excited too!!

I'm a guy and I know I'm going to be in the minority ( both on my course and in the workplace in years to come) but that doesnt bother me...just wondered if anyone has any do's and dont's for a student teacher !?

A

2. Katie_Morag

Katie_Morag New commenter

Hey,
    that's great, it's a brilliant job to do (if you get a job that is, but you've 5 years til you have to worry about that!).
    I would say DO try to make as many friends as possible on your course, DO expect a lot of hard work, DO NOT get disheartened by the lack of teaching practice - I remember being told in one of our final lectures on the BEd course that the reason we have to learn all the theory is so that we are considered professionals. Keep that in mind and it will keep you going through even the dullest of lectures! And don't expect any special treatment as you're male (not that I'm suggesting you will!).