1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice for getting staff on board ....

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by susie495, Aug 25, 2011.

1. I took over phase leadership for early years last January in a three form entry school. I was also new to the school. As the new academic year begins, any suggestions of how to motivate my team? They are the same staff from last
    year but do not seem very keen on being a team at all and I would like to foster a supportive, working ethos and try and break the cycle of 'as long as I'm alright' which seemed to dominate the last two terms. Any ideas most welcome.

2. I took over phase leadership for early years last January in a three form entry school. I was also new to the school. As the new academic year begins, any suggestions of how to motivate my team? They are the same staff from last
    year but do not seem very keen on being a team at all and I would like to foster a supportive, working ethos and try and break the cycle of 'as long as I'm alright' which seemed to dominate the last two terms. Any ideas most welcome.

3. Hi,

Just done a post on leadership on my blog. doesn't direcly answer your prayers, but there might be one or two things of use.
    http://www.fromgoodtooutstanding.com/2011/09/how-to-make-a-good-start-in-leadership

4. Thank you very much - it was a great read. Cheers

5. Thanks for the feedback! :)