1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice do I apply for what people will see as a 'step down'?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Honey121, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Honey121

Honey121 New commenter

Hi I just would value some advice. I am currently a deputy manager in FE in a busy curriculum area but I am really unhappy. Around 10 years ago I started my career after having my children as a TA in a Secondary school teaching Literacy and working within behavioural support, this was a happy time for me. Since then I have completed my Post Compulsory Teaching and have taught-been there for over 6 years, I moved into management alongside teaching three years ago.
    I am really unhappy, I don't feel I have any colleagues to even go for a cuppa with, I don't want to go to work-I'm crying lots! and I'm finding it all really too much. There is a job going for a higher level TA at a local secondary school and I want to apply, the reality is that its a lot less money and people will see that I am taking a step down. I amy not even get the job if I apply!!

What do you think? I would love to hear some different thoughts x

2. Honey121

Honey121 New commenter

When I was a TA before I felt happy and I really enjoy the Behavioural support part, being a TA is hard work but also rewarding! has anyone got any expereince of being a higher level 3 TA??

Thank you

3. <u></u>
    i would say if you are happy with the money and like the sound of the job then go for it.

4. Honey121

Honey121 New commenter

Thanks, I have handed in the application form, see what happens. The job sounds exciting and interesting. I have taken so long to build my career and I know people will see me if I was successful and got the job and think 'what is she doing'. I really respect TA's and looking back I made more of a difference then. Fingers crossed. Is anyone a Level three TA in a secondary school?