1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice appreciated - teaching 'The Butterfly Lion' by Michael Morpurgo

Discussion in 'Primary' started by emclairev, Apr 6, 2012.

1. I currently teach Years 7/8 in an SEN school. Having spoken with their previous primary schools, they have not studied 'The Butterfly Lion' and are keen to read another Morpurgo book having read and watched 'War Horse' earlier in the year. This would be the first time that I have taught this book and trawling through the web has been little help. I do have a copy of the Read and Respond for the book (around somewhere in my mountain of things to do over Easter!) but was just wondering whether anyone has taught the book before with things that have worked well etc. so I can start with the scheme of work and resource booklet for the children to complete (which they love having spiral bound at the end to take home!).
    Any support, guidance etc. will be much appreciated.
    el_105@hotmail.com

2. I currently teach Years 7/8 in an SEN school. Having spoken with their previous primary schools, they have not studied 'The Butterfly Lion' and are keen to read another Morpurgo book having read and watched 'War Horse' earlier in the year. This would be the first time that I have taught this book and trawling through the web has been little help. I do have a copy of the Read and Respond for the book (around somewhere in my mountain of things to do over Easter!) but was just wondering whether anyone has taught the book before with things that have worked well etc. so I can start with the scheme of work and resource booklet for the children to complete (which they love having spiral bound at the end to take home!).
    Any support, guidance etc. will be much appreciated.
    el_105@hotmail.com

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. Thank you Marlin. Much appreciated.

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

6. Yes I have Marlin, thank you. That was one of the first things I came across. [​IMG]

7. Teach it primary has a useful comprehensionpack and some other Morpurgo books.

Jo

8. Thank you Jo. Now downloaded myself a copy. Today's task - write the scheme of work!