1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice and Help Needed

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by nialllear14, Feb 25, 2016.

1. nialllear14

nialllear14 New commenter

I am looking for a little advice in relation to a reasonably drawn out job application situation....

This is all in the independent sector - various pastoral roles.

I applied for a job over 16 weeks ago....I heard back from the school and they stated that they had appointed internally without interviewing anyone however there was another vacancy arising, would I be interested. I said yes, was required to submit another application form and went through the process of waiting again...This time I was invited in for an informal meeting with the Head...they got in contact a few days later and told me they really liked me and they would be in touch....then i got a call a little later that week to say they had appointed internally due to staffing issues...however they would be advertising another role and I was encouraged to apply....application 3 done and invited for another informal meeting with the whole of senior management....ten days go past then the call....we have changed the job description, have a look and let us know what you think of it, also we have put the post back on our website for the next ten days but at the end of that period we would really like to formally interview you..

Now im pretty drained from the whole experience and I am looking for some advice on it all.

2. Mrskeletor

Mrskeletor New commenter

You just have to think: Do I want to work in a place that treats people like this?