1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advice about resigning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, May 27, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Depends where you are on the payscale how long it will take you to get another post. If you are on UPS and looking for a standard class teacher role then it could (seriously) take years, and maybe you never get a permanent one again. If you are on MPS2 or 3 then you can probably get one for September.

If it definitely much easier to get a post when you are already in a post, rather than doing supply.

However doing supply for years will be better than having such allegations on your record, however nonsensical.

Next application 'widen professional experience' is a good cover all.

2. greenpaddy

greenpaddy New commenter

Many thanks - that is my concern - as am on UP2!!! Some serious soul searching this weekend - and keep searching jobs as an escape route.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm on UPS2 and it took me about 2 years to get a permanent post, with a more usual reason for leaving. Others have never got one after leaving, ask on jobseekers, unemployed and supply forums, many will tell you the same.

I would keep searching and applying, but try to stay where you are if you can until you get something else.