Hi, would appreciate some advice on the following situation. I started a new role in January as I thought it would be a good career change. On paper, it would seem like the 'dream job' for a teacher: high achieving students, good position in league tables, outstanding, chance to teach a range of subjects, etc. Although I've no real reason to 'complain' about the place - staff are pleasant and the students generally seem OK, I have come to the conclusion that the role isn't right for me and is not going to work out as I first thought (a lot of stuff not mentioned at interview is now coming to light.) In particular, I dislike the 'pressured environment' (on staff & students) and am not too keen on having to constantly focus on results at the expense of everything else. I have tried to see if I would 'settle in' to the job during the past term, however after a long think, I feel that I am unlikely to stay in the role long-term. Initially, I thought that my decision to leave was overhasty and I was going to give the role until Christmas. However, I have since seen a job advertised in another school for September. I know people who work at the school and whilst it isn't anywhere near the same standard as my current position, it is somewhere that I would be interested in working in. I am going to e-mail the school and see if I can arrange a visit next week and have an informal discussion with their Head about the role. If the discussions are positive, it is highly likely that I will make an application. Whilst not desperately unhappy in my current role (I shouldn't moan too much as my problems are small compared to others on this forum!), I feel I would be happier elsewhere. Here is my dilemma. Whilst the SLT are generally pleasant towards me at the moment, I know that there will be a real backlash against me if I announce that I am applying for another job. Several members of staff who have other jobs have been pressured into leaving earlier, whilst others have had their timetables entirely rewritten, taking away exam classes or are subject to endless learning walks/observations (I've had 3 observations already since January and another is scheduled for later this month). As I have only been at the school since January, I am not entirely sure whether I would get a positive reference. In this situation, I may be stuck in my current role if I was unsuccessful with this application. The fact that I have no real reason to complain, other than just not feeling the job is for me, is unlikely to help. However, I know that I am not going to stay at my current role much longer. I am also, ashamed to admit, afraid of the storm that would hit if I announced that I was looking to leave. Any advice on dealing with this would be most welcome.