1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advertising in the newspaper

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by RebelX, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Do any of you advertise in the newspaper anymore? I used to tutor about 8 years ago and haven't since, but back then - it's not that long ago - everything was in the newspaper. Seems to me that most parents still look there for a tutor and not online.

2. Do any of you advertise in the newspaper anymore? I used to tutor about 8 years ago and haven't since, but back then - it's not that long ago - everything was in the newspaper. Seems to me that most parents still look there for a tutor and not online.

3. Online only and I've never had any issues with finding tutees.

4. Hmm...I suppose it depends the age of your students. More and more parents are turning to the web, but many might still look in the newspaper. My students are young adults, so I make sure I'm on all the free online directories like BookMyCity, etc. Young people use the internet for everything!

5. David Getling

David Getling Senior commenter

Ask yourself this question. When you, or people you know, are looking for a service do you tend to look in the paper? If you can honestly say yes then maybe it's worth spending the money. If the answer is no, then why do you expect others to look there.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Everthing seems to be online these days.