1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advert says only taking online applications!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by deeley, Jan 16, 2016.

1. deeley

deeley New commenter

Hi Theo!
    Well, after much thought, I'm attempting a move onwards and upwards. The post is an AHT position, I've been to the school, and have started my letter and ES. However, I've just loaded job description again and noticed it's online applications. Well it saves me a drive via the school on Monday morning I guess, though I thought handing it over would help connect face with name again. The biggest issue though is the fact it says I can only upload two pages of supporting documents, and I'm sat here with 2 sides of letter and 2 sides of ES.
    So would you advise making both one side each (without making font a daft size). It's hard to get all my experience onto that but I'll try and prioritise.

I felt just sending letter maybe too lengthy and just ES would be too succinct without chance to talk about my philosophy and me.

Thoughts most welcome, thanking you in advance!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

2 sides E.S. could be too much - one side is better . . . but that's not the problem here.

2 sides for the letter is about right. You do not want to trim that down.

Is there a box on the application form where you can include the E.S.? If not, you may have to jettison it . . . but making sure that your letter isn't too blurby, and addresses the main points that are in the E.S.

Best wishes

3. deeley

deeley New commenter

Ah ok! Thank you for such a quick response...
    Well, whilst pottering on laptop I've got it down to two sides using 10 font and being more succint in my answers. I now need to consider your advice - off to make a cuppa,...

4. deeley

deeley New commenter

So I have acted on your advice, and submitted my application just now. The button is pushed. Now for a stiff drink....! Fingers crossed...

5. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Good luck!