1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Adverse reaction to white wine?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon468, Dec 30, 2010.

1. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Certainly sounds as though white wine doesn't agree with you, DL.
    Do you get the same reaction with red wine or other alcoholic drinks?
    My B-I-L is actually allergic to alcohol, full stop and he hasn't touched a drop for years.

2. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Swine Flu.

3. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

This used to happen to my ex husband. We discovered that he was actually affected by the preservatives used in the manufacturing process and is particularly prevelant in cheaper wines.
    Do some research on the relative ingredients of wine and you may find that you can drink some and have to avoid others.

4. I don't drink red wine, Manashee, and haven't had any other type of alcohol for years.
    Swine Flu has crossed my mind too.

5. It's the flu I think. I've been I'll with the exact same symptoms for a week. Get better soon.

6. I don't know if my youngest had swine flu recently but your symptoms (minus the wine element, obviously, as she's only 6!) sound just like she had. She was really unwell for at least 2 days and significantly under the weather for a week.
    I can't remember if you said you had a temp but she certainly did.
    I had swine flu last year and the hangover you describe sums up how I felt.

Take care of yourself or, better still, get someone else to look after you [​IMG]

7. The nausea is driving me mad, as I am a little bit phobic about feeling sick.
    I do feel a little better today, though.
    I thought I was going to expire during Bauble's quiz last night, as I felt quite unwell, lol.

8. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Oh poor you, that's horrible. [​IMG]
    Take care and hope you feel better soon.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Ha! That's because we were all shouting at you... or was that only me?

10. jonkers

jonkers New commenter

Blimey, and the rest of us enjoy the sensation?
    Seriously, hope you feel better soon. A friend of mine is v. allergic/sensitive to the Chardonay grape and gets splitting headaches if she imbibes but if you had problems before the alcohol then perhaps you have a virus.

11. You shouting, Seren? Never! :p

12. casper

casper New commenter

My husband is allergic tol white wine, gets the same symptoms. he is fine drinking red.HOpe you feel better soon.