1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advanced Skills Teacher Presentation help

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by hammodj, Feb 5, 2012.

1. I am about to attend interview for an AST in Numeracy post. Part of the interview process is delivering a 15 minute presentation on how an AST would raise the standards of numeracy across a family of schools. I'm after any advice people may have on how bet to tackle this task. I am particularly interested in knowing what form presentations of this sort usually take. Are they Powerpoint driven for instance? In addition, any aadvice on the content of the presentation would be most welcome. I have of course done some research and formulated some potential ideas of my own but ideas from others may reveal something obvious that I have over looked. Any help would be most welcome.

2. I would suggest that you avoid looking at other people's ideas. When I was applying for my AST role I felt that if I was unable to complete any section of my application and interview process indpendently, that probably proved I wasn't ready to be applying.
    The topic of your presentation sounds straightforward to me, how best can you put your ideas across to a panel of interviewers?
    There's no right or wrong way to do it.