1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Advance teaching career over the summer

Discussion in 'Vocational' started by tbennie, May 28, 2018.

1. tbennie

tbennie New commenter

Hello everyone!

I am hoping to find some ideas for things I can do over the UK summer break to add to leadership experience/working in international or independent schools.
    I have been researching conferences, events, workshops, job or volunteering opportunities.

Is anyone aware of great educator events in this time? I'm open to all kinds of ideas!

I am happy with any location! Just looking for great opportunities.

Thank you!

cys2017 and TEA2111 like this.
  2. TEA2111

TEA2111 Established commenter

Good question tbennie.

I'm wondering whether doing a course for data protection officer because of the new rules introduced under GDPR for schools, would benefit my position or open opportunities for me within schools. May be a dumb idea?

3. cys2017

cys2017 New commenter

There is a website called FutureLearn you have to pay but at the end of completing the online course you get a pretty certificate.they have so many different short topics you could complete

I haven’t completed one yet but am planning to as I have just finished my pgce year and am looking to keep my knowledge fresh so I don’t find that I’ve forgotten important things when I start working