1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Adults vs cp areas

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by kaz_allan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. How do you organize your adult cover in cp areas. We have ny 4 adults with a large indoor and 2 outdoor ares so I am wondering his children can have free access to all cp areas and be supervised, observed, assessed and interacted with?

I am thinking of time tabling a Rota for each adult to try and get cover as best as I can -any suggestions ?

Thanks

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I'm afraid the skill of good CP is knowing how to stand back and only stepping in to extend or enhance (adults can be a good enhancement sometimes) if really necessary. Observe from a distance and don't try to be everywhere. I would start slowly modelling how to use the areas and you will probably discover that an adult in a less well used area acts like a child magnet just as an adult offering unwanted interaction will cause a mass exodus.
    http://abcdoes.typepad.com/abc-does-a-blog/child-initiated-learning/

[​IMG]