1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

admin interview

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Louise2906, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Louise2906

Louise2906 New commenter

Hello

I have an interview tomorrow for a school administrator. Does anyone have any possible question and possible answers that may be asked

Tia

2. SchoolBoyError

SchoolBoyError Occasional commenter

I'm 100% sure that any questions that you will be asked will relate to your ability and experience to perform the duties listed in the job advert that you responded to. Since I haven't seen this, I'll have to rely on my crystal ball to tell you what questions you are going to be asked...

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

By "Does anyone have any possible question (sic) and possible answers that may be asked", I assume you want (a) possible questions and (b) the answers to those questions.

If you can't come up with your own answers, should you be going to the interview at all?

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh dear! Loads of reasons why we shouldn't give you any answers. because the Head may read this and recognise your answers is one. Because you will be doing the job, not us, is another. You can hardly Phone A Friend all through the day to get the answer to what you should be doing!

Never mind, i know you're only asking because you are nervous!

So do what the poster above says and look at the job description and, if there is one, the person specification.

For each area on that, draw up a mind map to help you think through what sort of answer you would give if a questiob came up about that area.

Here's something to help you:

Using mind-mapping for interviews

And here's another very good article to read:

Tell us about yourself - dream or nightmare question

Best wishes

5. Louise2906

Louise2906 New commenter

Thank you for these links. Very kind of you and very useful.

When i asked for q & a I was thinking of the wording which I struggle with (I tend to waffle).

However thanks again