1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Adjectives and Poetry

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Chatterbox1607, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Chatterbox1607

Chatterbox1607 New commenter

I want my new class who have not really done any writing with me yet to create a poem about themselves using adjectives and similies. What is the best way to recap adjectives or even introduce this idea to children who are at a lower level...what is the best way to get children to think of WOW words also? As you can tell I am pretty new to teaching and want to do the best I can.

2. Chatterbox1607

Chatterbox1607 New commenter

I want my new class who have not really done any writing with me yet to create a poem about themselves using adjectives and similies. What is the best way to recap adjectives or even introduce this idea to children who are at a lower level...what is the best way to get children to think of WOW words also? As you can tell I am pretty new to teaching and want to do the best I can.

3. Not sure which age group you are teaching, but start by making sure they understand/remember what adjectives are. Perhaps you could share some examples of the type of poetry you are going to use and highlight the adjectives with the children's help.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide