1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ADHD CPD

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by MrEducation_, Apr 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MrEducation_

MrEducation_ New commenter

Hello,

I work as a teaching assistant in a secondary school (North West) and I have identified ADHD as an area that I would like to have a better understanding of. I was wondering if anyone could help me by recommending any courses/training session(s) they have been on to help with their understanding of ADHD?

Thank you,

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

There is a mountain of info on the net and quite recently the subject / validity of ADHD was a long thread on one of these forums - google is your friend ! I contributed to that so if it helps afterwards you have found and read then please get in touch . When we provided INSET a very long time ago we began by looking at ADHD v SEBD ( now SEMH ) - this may be a decent starting point for you . We also provided staff with guidance - what it is/ how to recognise / how to accommodate. Perhaps limit yourself to these two things . Students with complex needs often demand a repertoire of strategies. Good Luck

3. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

4. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

I posted a link to a commercial site - against the rules!!

Google young minds ADHD courses

5. rolls

rolls New commenter

Bradford College run a 3 hour session one evening (5-8pm) each year. Depending upon which part of the North West you live in that might be an option. Email d.rolls@bradfordcollege.ac.uk for details.