1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Adequate Cover for Long-term Illness

Discussion in 'Independent' started by doublehelix, Apr 13, 2011.

1. In my opinion the answers are a) No b) Yes c) No
    It would be illegal only if there were an accident and it was decided that the school was negligent.
    Do the governors know about this? Do they care? Only one way to find out.

2. thank you doublehelix, my main concern is that the school is leaving themselves open if any kind of accident.

3. In my opinion it is no where near to being legal. The Head would be considered to be acting in gross negligence if anything happens. If a teacher was away for a few moments dealing with an emergency that would be different.
    If you left your child alone at home while you went out shopping how do you think the courts would act if anything happened to her. It would be different if she was hurt while you were answering the door.

4. That is very interesting, this is not the first instance I have had with three children where I have felt that a situation would not have been allowed to happen in the state sector.
    many thanks for your input.