1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Adek Approval 2020 Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by miaht2, Jul 3, 2020.

1. miaht2

miaht2 New commenter

Hello,

Is anybody waiting for ADEK approval for a teaching role in August 2020?

2. Mitochondria1

Mitochondria1 Occasional commenter

I was waiting, but it's ok now. What do you want to know?

3. miaht2

miaht2 New commenter

Well mine got rejected, so the school have submitted it second time round..don't know how normal that is? And the chance of it being approved second time round.

4. Mitochondria1

Define 'rejected' and what was the reason? Sometimes ADEK will ask for more information and send it back to the school (i.e. letter of experience, or something else) before being resubmitted; mine went backwards and forwards 3-4 times.
    It all depends to a degree on who's desk your application lands on. Take a deep breath and play the game.

Now if it was rejected because of qualification issues...that's a different story.

5. miaht2

miaht2 New commenter

Email stated: PASS-ADEK Online - Rejected. School said they did know the reason why and HR unable to add anything further.

Got past school and principal approval. Was rejected on ADEK approval stage. Never got sent back to me at all for any changes.

I am going for a secondary subject role. My PGCE is in the subject of the job role and my Degree is related, but not exactly the same as the subject.

Have spoke to current HOD at school and he has said only half the department, have a degree matching the subject. I am aware Abu Dhabi are strict on this, but at the same time have been told its been recently relaxed.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  6. miaht2

miaht2 New commenter

Should read "school said they did not know"..

7. adrixargentina

adrixargentina Occasional commenter

Have you tried Dubai? Is it any more relaxed?

8. miaht2

miaht2 New commenter

I have worked in Dubai for 5 years. It is more relaxed. Then came back to the UK for 1 year.

So my new job in Abu Dhabi, the school have allowed me to submit the application a second time. The job is subject to this going through and its on the ADEK approval stage now.

adrixargentina likes this.
  9. Mitochondria1

Your ADEK liaison officer should be able to call them and ask why. Did you leave Dubai in good circumstances? I presume your nationality is British?

10. miaht2

miaht2 New commenter

Yes I left Dubai in good circumstances and am British.

I have been in touch with the ADEK liaison officer by email - he has just told me to submit the form again.

11. Mitochondria1

Meh, he could have found out the issue...
    Not much you can do other than to hope and wait. I'd be having a backup option in place though...