1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Addressing the Person Spec

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Alkeringa, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Hi
    Many of the jobs I intend applying for have tabulated person specifications. The criteria are written in rows and are either listed as essential or desirable -I assume I must address the essential and try to meet the desireable.
    However each criteria will be identified by any number of methods (Application form, Personal statement, References, Interview and by a Lesson) which are listed in a seperate column.
    So, if for example the criteria 'Excellent communication skills using a range of media including IT' is ticked as Essential and will be identified by Interview and Lesson do I have to write something about this criteria in my Personal statement?
    Similarly if an essential criteria will be identified by Application form do I have to write something about that criteria in my Personal statement?
    Many thanks, Paul