1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Addressing special educational needs

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by lizzy19, Jan 18, 2012.

1. I am currently on a Cert Ed course and have to deliver a presentation on Addressing Special Educational needs. I currently work in the prison service for an FE College. Please has anyone got any information I can use for this presentation which is 30 minutes in length.

2. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

There's been quite a lot around re work on communication skills cutting reoffending - try google round that topic if you are meant to be focusing on work in prisons and similar.

3. I suggest you look at the evidence around the incidence of specific learning difficulties of inmates of young offenders institutions- dyslexia and dyspraxia. The figures are quite startling and i should think that anyone working in one shouls have some basic awareness of these conditions. I believe that Madeleine Portwood did some research on this.