1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Additional Support for Learning Teachers

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by TEACHER16, Dec 8, 2010.

1. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I know pay isnt everything and do want to make that clear. However, I was just wondering does an Additional Support for Learning Teacher get the same rate of pay as a normal classroom teacher?

2. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I know pay isnt everything and do want to make that clear. However, I was just wondering does an Additional Support for Learning Teacher get the same rate of pay as a normal classroom teacher?

3. Yes we do.

4. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

Thank you for your reply.

5. Hello there, L56inda,

Am applying for a SFL post and have been working in Secondary schools. i was wondering if you knew the name of the best diagnostic assessments for primary age children? there are a few and was wondering.
    Hope to hear from you,

Emma

6. It would really depend on what you are assessing. If you are stuck the best person to ask would be the educational psychologist who visits your school.

7. Hi Embaduck,
    As jhp 05269 says it depends what you want to assess. The tests I have access to,so therefore use, are Aston Index, Lucid Rapid and Bangor Dyslexia Test for those children who might be dyslexic; NARA and MIRA for reading ages and Single Word Spelling Test for spelling ages and to diagnose which spelling patterns a child is having difficulty with.I also use the Phonological Assessment Battery(Ph AB),which tests various aspects of difficulty e.g. auditory discrimination. The Ed Psych will have access to more in depth tests, but they are usually the only ones who can conduct the tests and evaluate the results.
    I hope this helps.Good Luck with your application.