1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Additional Quality Assurance Activity for BTEC Level 3

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by welshwoman, Nov 27, 2011.

1. only read my letter briefly but believe they want to carry out spot checks for qualifications that have already been awarded by carrying out an verification process for some subjects. They may have problems with mine as my pupils have taken their work with them!! I only have the IV records available for them to check now and ex pupils have already had computer accounts closed to make some room on the server. Don't think it will be for all subjects but still a bit vague at present.

2. Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if we had got the letter because we had been selected. Our work from last year has also left with the students. I double checked and once the student has been certifictaed the work no longer needs to be kept. It belongs to the student so they can take it with them. The IV records have to be kept for 3 years. My colleague pointed out that it referred to BTEC National Diploma programmes. We only ran National Certificate last year so not sure if it applies to us. I spoke to my QN and if they come in it will be to look at the current year and won't want to see work from last year. The EV used to come in and inspect all the work when it was GNVQ. I prefered it like that, it seemed less stressful in some ways.