1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Adding & subtracting in reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by kellyunigal, May 24, 2011.

1. Hi I am looking for ideas of resources to put out which encourage children to use addition & subtraction vocab we have done plenty of work on this throughout the year and I am confident that lots of my class can use the vocab, get the concept and some of them can record sentences (when I ask them to) the only problem I have is that I am doing my end of year assessments and find I am lacking evidence of child initiated observations of the children using the vocab. I know that they can do it as I have done focuused activities with them and obviously whole class teaching but when I think about it apart from one or two children calculating how many children arent here during register time I can't think of a time when I have heard them using the vocab.
    can anyone give me some ideas that I can quickly put in place Im sure that there are some simple things I can do but I cant seem to think of any, thanks Kelly