1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Add new stage to scratch

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by apmcarthur, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Hi everyone

I'm building a maze game in scratch - I have it built so if the character hits a black wall the character is returned to the beginning. In the middle of the maze is a green circle.

If like to set it up so if the character makes it to the green circle they 'jump' to another maze- like a level 2.

Is there anyway of adding a new stage for the more difficult level and adding a command to jump there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Scratch is just a subset of smalltalk. It's a fairly simple job to rehash it so that you can type it as code in notepad, write a simple compiler to compile it back to scratch and you can then add bells and whistles.

3. I'd do something like this:

[​IMG]
    using a touching block to determine if the sprite you're moving has reached the centre of the maze, followed by a broadcast to tell the stage and any other sprites that it's time to move to the next level. They can change costume, position, score variable, hide/show for sprites, play a tune...