1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

acupuncture

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by bananabottom, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Has anybody on here tried it? What did you think? What did you try it for? Have myriad problems so do I try to sort one at a time or give her whole list of ailments at once?

2. Has anybody on here tried it? What did you think? What did you try it for? Have myriad problems so do I try to sort one at a time or give her whole list of ailments at once?

3. I had many acupuncture sessions mainly for headaches. The first session was longer as he wanted to know everything that could be connected to my headaches. The sessions were eventually very successful and I have a lot less headaches now. Those I do have generally respond to pain killers now. I am aware that I might need to return for more sessions if the headaches become more frequent again.
    I think it would be best to mention all your problems as many are connected in some way.

4. anteater

anteater New commenter

Yes.
    For a frozen shoulder: excellent results over the course of three sessions
    For hot flushes: amazing, instant results!
    Tinnitus: no improvement (but he did say that he might not be able to help at the outset)
    Two out of three ain't bad...

5. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

I had acupuncture when trying to conceive - although unbeknown to me I was already pregnant when I had the first session! I had a history of miscarriage thanks to a slightly lowered progesterone level. The acupuncturist worked on raising my low body temperature, and thankfully my pregnancy was successful (but this also may be due to the progesterone pessaries!)
    However, my pelvis displaced very early on in the pregnancy (again before I realised I was pregnant) and the acupuncture was the only thing to give me any temporary relief. I'd have about three pain-free days following a session.