1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

activities for year 6 not involved in transition day

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jayjay0411, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hey all,
    Our school are having 2 informal transition days next week just within school, so as the current Reception teacher (new nursery children not coming in) I will have the year 6's (not at new school until official days).
    Any ideas on what we could do? I was thinking of maybe a general tidy up/make new labels/resources etc at some point, but what could they do the rest of the time?
    Ideas really appreciated!
    Jayjay

2. Hey all,
    Our school are having 2 informal transition days next week just within school, so as the current Reception teacher (new nursery children not coming in) I will have the year 6's (not at new school until official days).
    Any ideas on what we could do? I was thinking of maybe a general tidy up/make new labels/resources etc at some point, but what could they do the rest of the time?
    Ideas really appreciated!
    Jayjay

3. Rounders!!! [​IMG]

4. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

Could they write some stories for your new children? Maybe a guide to being in year 6 for the current year 5 to have. And yes...lots of rounders!

5. Absolutely. However, as science subject leader, I always have a pile of batteries that need checking and magnets that need re-magnitising.

6. My one Y6 who will be with me while the others are at their transition day will be sorting reading books - labelling them with genres & removing the tatty, old, smelly ones!

7. Many thanks for the replies! Any more ideas out there?

8. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

You could do a quiz. Mine love a good quiz, especially a music and picture round.

9. Quizzes are a great idea as long as you have the numbers for it.
    I have a small amount children who will not be attending the transition day to the main feeder school so they will be heading down to KS1 to be helpful hands for the day. Frees me up.