1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Activities for Year 2 pupil who is at Foundation level.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by forrvw, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Does anyone have suggestions for activities that one of my children can perform when he has finished a set task. He is in year 2 but really at Foundation level. I need to keep him occupied as I cannot provide 1:1 throughout the day.

2. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

have sent you a personal message

3. JCA_1989

JCA_1989 New commenter

I am sorry to cut in, but I have exactly the same issue. The child has support in the morning, but not in the afternoon. I don't want to neglect the other children by constantly working with this other child 1:1. I have a few ideas for quick fire activities that the child can be getting on with but attention is a REAL problem (lack of it)!!!! Any ideas or tips would be immensely useful!
    Cheers

4. I think this is a high problem in teaching in general.

I have a few individuals who need constant 1 to 1 support as they can not do anything independently!

It is really unfair on the rest of the class.

But what option do you have? I find it very hard to distribute my time evenly! x

5. big* not high!!!!

oops sorry

6. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

I posted about this same thing last night, it's really difficult. Unless a child is statemented for 1:1 support, I really don't like putting a TA or myself with them all the time. It's not fair on the child as they don't learn to be independent and it's not fair to the rest of the class who don't get to access the support.