1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Activeteach KS4 Spanish, reviews please

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by derekdalek, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Hi
    If you use Activeteach for KS4 Spanish, could you please write a few lines to say what you think of it and whether its worth the money.
    Thanks

2. Hi
    If you use Activeteach for KS4 Spanish, could you please write a few lines to say what you think of it and whether its worth the money.
    Thanks

3. We have used Active Teach for the past year in both French and Spanish. I find it an invaluable resource and although expensive, definitely worth the money. All listening activities can be done through it with instant access to printing off support materials.Reading tasks can be zoomed in on to highlight key vocab with class therefore possibly eliminating need for (so many) text books. Best of all pupils can use it independently which is very useful for homework. All vocabulary in end of unit section is recorded so can aid pronunciation & preparation for speaking assessments.

4. Thank you! Anyone else?? Please [​IMG]

5. We have used the German and French ActiveTeach for 2 years and we love it! It's very practical and helps focus the class. We have just purchased Studio Activeteach for KS3 french as we like it so much!

6. Does it save alot of time? Do you need to supplement it with other resources?

7. mpc

mpc

In my experience you do need to supplement it but I think that's true of all courses.
    On the plus side...
    layout in book and on package is very clear - it's easy to locate relevant pages etc
    listenings are modern, not too long or garbled BUT I get cross when the textbook only seems to suggest tables (so I make up my own).
    I like the fact I can access a speaking task - blow it up and model it
    vocabulary lists are also very useful