1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Activate science?? Any thoughts

Discussion in 'Science' started by Gunit24, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Gunit24

Gunit24 New commenter

I am thinking about the best spec for KS3 science, at the moment we use Activate but I wanted to see what the general views are on it. Are there any better alternatives?

2. sriley1988

sriley1988 New commenter

We use activate at our school. Like all bought-in schemes of work. it has its ups and downs. Quite a lot of practicals need re-writing as they aren't great, but the online system is really good and the work is of a really good standard, especially tests. I found the powerpoints they provided to be a bit rubbish as they often missed stuff out which was in the assessments or broader scheme. Year 9 activate is trash, don't bother with it. Y7 and Y8 is really good but we did say in retrospect (year and a bit on) that maybe we'd have been better off paying staff members to make a more bespoke scheme in house rather than spend thousands on a bought-in scheme that you then have to edit.

Saying that I really rate the online facilities that Activate has.

Gunit24 likes this.
  3. Gunit24

Gunit24 New commenter

Sriley1988 thank you for your opinions in regards to activate and yes I do agree with your views. Thanks again:)

sriley1988 likes this.
  4. sriley1988

sriley1988 New commenter

Glad I could help, anytime :)