1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Action Research, primary school...HELP!

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by lizprice31, Jan 19, 2011.

1. HI, I'm trying to gain the NASENCO qualification and have to come up with an idea for an action research project. My tutor is off at present and so I'm floundering around in the dark at the moment. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of early diagnosis of dyslexia, or something to do with autism, or something to do with writing. The autism or writing ideas are probably what I am most passionate about but the dyslexia issues is a problem at my school. I haven't had much time for looking into anything as my dad is seriously ill and my husband has had to have a series of procedures on his eye - it hasn't left time for anything other than basic schoolwork so any ideas/help/suggestions would be most welcome.

2. Why don't you look at 'the dyslexia friendly school' consider specific areas and develop a questionnaire to ascertain teachers' knowldge and confidence.....maybe look at policy, identification, testing , clssroom strategies, self esteem ...lots of areas to think about and lots of info available on line.
    Hope this helps
    Val

3. purplepixie

purplepixie New commenter

Link that to the Quality First Teaching checklist and see if that could provided you with a basis for researching the effectiveness of common classroom techniques to support the learning of those with dyslexia.