1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Action plan confusion

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by annatha, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I've had a look and don't think this has been posted already, but apologies if I'm repeating someone.

I'm a primary NQT at the end of my first term. My first half term was a bit sketchy in terms of NQT support but I've had much better support after Xmas. My assessment has been completed and I've passed it, but my mentor has given me an action plan dated from October, with targets that should be reviewed in February (now).
    I was under the impression that you only got an action plan if there was a likelihood of failing- in our placements that was the case anyway. Like I said, the action plan is dated from October, so I'm not sure if my mentor is trying to catch up on paperwork she's missed by setting me some back dated targets, or if they thought I wasn't progressing but didn't even tell me? It's really confusing.

Any light shed on this would be greatly appreciated!

2. If you are not progressing then they must tell you at the earliest opportunity. If the first term report is complete that would normally have a section/tick box to indicate if you are progressing or if there is any concern. But talk to your mentor.It may well be that the action plan is just to ensure that the induction standards are covered and met and it may not be because there is an issue.
    James

3. all NQTs in my school have an action plan per term so we have targets to work towards

4. Same here!