1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Acting Head??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by noblesteed, Feb 2, 2011.

1. I teach in a tiny primary school with 2 classes. Our Head is due to have a serious operation at the end of May. She has asked her 0.5 jobshare to cover her teaching commitment and has asked me if I would like to be Acting Head while she is on sick leave, with 1 day a week out of class. I cannot decide if I want to do it or not. I would like the money as I am getting married in July but as you can imagine I am going to be extremely busy planning that!!!! I will also be unavailable in the summer holidays due to my wedding preparations and honeymoon, should I be called into school for any reason.
    I am utterly unambitious, I just want to get married and have a baby!!!! However I realise that a 'strange' Acting Head will need my assistance a lot anyway, so it probably wouldn't be much more work to do it myself and get the money!

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

How long will she be off? If it is just until the end of the summer term then say yes. It will be much easier. If it is until xmas and you really don't want to then say no.

Maybe ask on the HT forum to get an idea of what they would expect an acting head to actually do in that sort of absence.