1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Accredited KS4 ICT courses suitable for a special needs school

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by keithguilder, Sep 30, 2015.

1. keithguilder

keithguilder New commenter

Advice needed please.
    I work in an autistic special school. My students are all statemented special needs kids on the autistic spectrum. Many also have additional needs. Previously, in KS4,
    we successfully used the OCR Nationals ICT Level 2 course with our students who were motivated by the freedom it allowed (in choice of topics) and the clear unambiguous 'Pass, Merit, Distinction' marking scheme. When that course was cancelled we swapped to the OCR Cambridge Nationals ICT (Level 1 & 2) course as it's supposed to cover the full 'range' of our students (A* to G) abilities. The set topics and strict assessed coursework is really demotivating our students who are used to more support and freedom of choice.

Can anyone please recommend a KS4 accredited ICT course that they have found works with special needs students. Ideally it should be able to cover the whole range of abilities.

Thank you.

2. wanet

wanet Star commenter

You could look at TML Ingots course.

3. keithguilder

keithguilder New commenter

Thank you - I will look.