1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Accounting panic!

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by jenale, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Starting to teach AS Accountancy next year. This is the first time the school has offered this as AS./A2 course. I was wondering if anybody had any tips, resources, experience with or could point me in the right direction. All help would be much appreciated.

Jenale

2. bizent

bizent Star commenter

The lovely revisionstation helped me out when I was in an accounting hole! Maybe drop her a message?

3. lizzywilmot

lizzywilmot New commenter

I teach International GCSE accounting if that's any help. It would probably be where you would need to start off from if they have never done accounting before. We do trial balance then Income statement and Balance Sheet and then things like partnerships, clubs and manufacturing accounts. Message me if you need any help.

4. michael102

michael102 New commenter

Hi Jen,

I am in the same position and am starting to plan stuff now, we could share resources or divide some topics up if you fancy? What board are you doing? We are doing AQA

5. Thank you, sorry it's been a while to respond.

6. Yes please, anything would be fantastic. It's a little daunting to start with nothing.

7. Hi that would be brilliant to share. We are using AQA also. I' ve taken a few things off TES but going to aim to produce something over the next few weeks. Will let you know as and when.

8. tenjackno7

tenjackno7 New commenter

I was wondering if either of you were still teaching, or had any advice or guidance for a newbie in international gcse accounting. I’m struggling to get my head round certain theories and how accounting practices flow into each other. I have to be sure of structure before I teach each topic , thanks

9. teacher4l1fe

teacher4l1fe New commenter

I don't teach accounting anymore but happy to help if I can, drop me a PM.

tenjackno7 likes this.