1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Accountability

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by September, Feb 12, 2012.

1. September

September New commenter

I toyed with putting this in another forum but I really value the level of discussion that goes on in the Maths area so as a mathy myself here is the post.
    In each school the HT is ultimately accountable for the outcome of GCSE Results each August. If the results don't stack up in individual subjects and especially in English and Mathematics then the subject leaders and the class teachers get it in the neck. Subject Leaders get paid less than Leadership so where is the level of accountability for deputies and assistant heads who line manage the subject leaders etc, when the results don't stack up. It would be interesting to find out the level of accountability in your SLT and if you are SLT, do you feel and/or are you made accountable?

2. September

September New commenter

I toyed with putting this in another forum but I really value the level of discussion that goes on in the Maths area so as a mathy myself here is the post.
    In each school the HT is ultimately accountable for the outcome of GCSE Results each August. If the results don't stack up in individual subjects and especially in English and Mathematics then the subject leaders and the class teachers get it in the neck. Subject Leaders get paid less than Leadership so where is the level of accountability for deputies and assistant heads who line manage the subject leaders etc, when the results don't stack up. It would be interesting to find out the level of accountability in your SLT and if you are SLT, do you feel and/or are you made accountable?