1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by zalx, Aug 15, 2012.

  1. Hi,
    I am looking for some advice on accommodation. I am starting a SCITT in September, and I currently live at home, just a little too far away to commute (I'm a non driver and don't relish the idea of sharing a bus with pupils after work, so don't want to rely on it). I have found a friend who will move in with me, and we are currently looking at places, but estate agents seem not too happy with my student status - particularly the lack of money, and whilst he is working, it is not in a very highly paid job. I have been out of school for ten years now, so I am hardly your standard undergrad, and am moing to a place with no local university, so there are no specialist student accommodation places about.
    It's just stressing me out a bit at the moment, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice? Is there any brilliant way that I can sort things out easily, or is it just a painful process? I am so prepared to spend my life stressed out once my course starts, but stressing already seems such a pain.
  2. Have you got anyone who can act as a guarantor for you? My landlords whilst I was on my PGCE required one; it might help you out if you've got one.
  3. I know it is without your friend but perhaps you could consider being a lodger in somebody's home.
  4. I might be able to find a guaranteur. I was hoping that would be enough. I have looked into lodging, but the biggest worry about that is that I hear it's pretty hit or miss as to how well you get on, and I'm imagining that once the workload starts, I won't want to have to find somewhere else.

Share This Page