1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Accessories to go with a red dress

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I've bought a gorgeous red dress from Monsoon for a wedding in a couple of weeks time. I've just returned from town looking for accessories to go with it and not been too sucessful! As it's red, I want to avoid black or white and thought about silver. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not wanting to wear a coat to the wedding (Even though it's NE Scotland and February but thought I'd opt for a pashmina instead)

2. Milkandchalk

I've bought a gorgeous red dress from Monsoon for a wedding in a couple of weeks time. I've just returned from town looking for accessories to go with it and not been too sucessful! As it's red, I want to avoid black or white and thought about silver. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not wanting to wear a coat to the wedding (Even though it's NE Scotland and February but thought I'd opt for a pashmina instead)

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I was going to day silver or, go OTT with, say, fuschia shoes, purple pashmina, orange clutch bag!

4. What about cream, rather than white?

5. Silver would be fine.
    Cream would be elegant (not as harsh as white).
    Purple would be funky - I'd go for purple.

6. Milkandchalk

I've not quite got the balls for go for purple! Looking at silver stuff on ebay and it's coming relatively cheaply.
    I love ebay

7. grey or navy go well with red - but a bit like black!
    how about a cape instead of a pashmina as they are in fashion at the moment?

8. Or a shrug?

9. Depending on the shade of red, turquoise is a lovely complementary colour...

10. Show us the dress, milk.
    We'll "accessorize" you [​IMG]

11. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I like black but is more of an evening look. For day time I would probably opt for silver (though personally I'm not sure about silver shoes....)

12. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Pewter is what I always go with, goes with everything and isn't too shiny (like silver/bright gold. x