1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Accessing past paper software

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by Mrs_B, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Mrs_B

Mrs_B New commenter

Are you able to access exam board past paper question tools, such as edexcel's ExamWizard if you are just a tutor ie. no longer teaching in a school?

2. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

No they are only accessible to teachers at registered centres.

3. Mrs_B

Mrs_B New commenter

That's what I thought, thanks.
    I wonder how tutors that aren't teaching in schools any more manage without that useful tool?

4. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

I've been tutoring very successfully for 20 years without working in a school. There's lots of useful free stuff on the internet although it obviously takes a bit more effort.

What subject(s) and age range will you be tutoring?

5. briancant

briancant Occasional commenter

If you are an a marker for the exam boards you can access the locked papers or exam wizard. So you could consider becoming a marker.

6. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

It was made very clear to me that I could only use this for marking purposes, so I resisted the temptation to download papers other than those I was marking.

There is a reason why the most recent papers are kept just for schools. They are used for mock exam purposes, so students should not see them in advance. It is true that when there is a new syllabus, it is useful to see the latest paper as a guide to what to expect in the future.