1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

accessing my e-mails. Any advice please?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JTL, Feb 27, 2011.

1. JTL

JTL New commenter

A bit of a problem and I would welcome any advice please. For the last two days I have been unable to access my e-mails.
    All goes well until I actually click on check mail. The e-mails flash on screen momentarily and then disappear. I cannot read any e-mails at all, new, old or sent etc.
    OH not here but I imagine when he gets back he may just have to wipe out the last couple of days' history? Any other suggestions gratefilly received please.

2. JTL

JTL New commenter

A bit of a problem and I would welcome any advice please. For the last two days I have been unable to access my e-mails.
    All goes well until I actually click on check mail. The e-mails flash on screen momentarily and then disappear. I cannot read any e-mails at all, new, old or sent etc.
    OH not here but I imagine when he gets back he may just have to wipe out the last couple of days' history? Any other suggestions gratefilly received please.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Are you using the Microsoft e-mail software that came with your computer (eg Outlook Express or some variant thereof) or are you trying to access your mail via a web browser?

4. JTL

JTL New commenter

Thanks for reply. Problem solved by running a scanning programme my OH got from work a while ago. Not sure why it was necessary as we do have virus protection but happy the problem has been solved.