1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

access arrangements

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by suzyshepster, Nov 8, 2018.

1. suzyshepster

suzyshepster New commenter

Good evening!
    I've been asked to do some access arrangement tests by a private school and wondered how much to charge ...I have no idea!!
    Any suggestions?
    TIA

2. Flanks

Flanks Established commenter

You have two options. Either a charge per student, which can range anything from 80 to 120 each. Alternatively agree an hourly or day rate, £50/HR is a quite reasonable rate for this.

What I would say though is that you should do a cpd event on access arrangements first. Obviously if you have done ignore this bit!

3. suzyshepster

Thank you for your reply and your invaluable information Flanks It's tricky starting out as an assessor especially asno one wants to talk about how much they charge. So thank you

Yes I've had training with Nick Lait from JCQ

Flanks likes this.
  4. Joy1959

Joy1959 New commenter

I would add that the setting need to collate all the info for section A of form 8 ....... I wouldn't do an assessment for access arrangements without that ready for me, as section A clearly states what the pupils' normal way of working is'.....

5. suzyshepster

Yes, absolutely! Thankyou Joy