1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Access 2007 problem- report not showing all query fields

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by cheapseats, Jan 24, 2011.

1. I have built a report on a query using the report wizard. On some of the machines in the classroom the report comes up fine with the all fields displayed clearly.
    However on a handful of machines when the students do it the report drops the last field (even though though it is in the query and is displayed in report wizard options) and no matter how much you alter the page size, layout in properties or page set up it will not show the last field.
    Any ideas?
    Many thanks in advance.

2. I have built a report on a query using the report wizard. On some of the machines in the classroom the report comes up fine with the all fields displayed clearly.
    However on a handful of machines when the students do it the report drops the last field (even though though it is in the query and is displayed in report wizard options) and no matter how much you alter the page size, layout in properties or page set up it will not show the last field.
    Any ideas?
    Many thanks in advance.

3. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

What sort of report is it? Is the last field on the edge of the page? Does it appear in the preview? Are all the machines using the same file, or have all the students recreated it for themselves?
    Assuming that all of the machines are running the same version of Access, I think I'd be looking at what makes them different - e.g. have they got the same printer settings, and have they got the same fonts installed. Presumably the fonts should be less of an issue if the students created the report themselves - you'd hope that the wizard wouldn't use fonts that were unavailable!

4. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

As per JJL I'd look at default printers. This has caused us such an issue. Access sets up reports based on default printer or the printer that it last used to print the report.

Just a thought.
    HTH

5. Thanks for your replies.
    It is the last field on the report page near the margin and they all use the same default printer. The field does not show in print preview or anywhere after you have finished the report wizard (where you can still see it mentioned)
    So am still a bit stumped..