1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

acceptable behaviour???????

Discussion in 'Science' started by fizzwizz, Jan 20, 2012.

1. is it acceptable for a school to withhold its exam results from a) less experienced members of staff (ie NQT's) b) the students.

I have been off work since wednesday (18th) but up to then i had not been told the results for november science exams and the kids were starting to get very annoyed as their friends in other schools had received them.
    I was put in a position where i had to lie to them saying i didnt know when we were going to receive them.

2. is it acceptable for a school to withhold its exam results from a) less experienced members of staff (ie NQT's) b) the students.

I have been off work since wednesday (18th) but up to then i had not been told the results for november science exams and the kids were starting to get very annoyed as their friends in other schools had received them.
    I was put in a position where i had to lie to them saying i didnt know when we were going to receive them.

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

No. It is not acceptable.
    What reason were you or the students given?

4. calamityjane2

calamityjane2 New commenter

No, especially as the kids themselves can access their own results with an edexcel login that all kids get. Something fishy going on?

5. Wind up.

6. sadscientist

sadscientist Occasional commenter

Centres cannot withhold results from the candidate - JCQ regulations - they must (quote from regulations)

distribute provisional statements of results to all candidates, either electronically or in
    hard copy, without delay and regardless of any disputes (such as non-payment of fees).
    Centres are not permitted to withhold provisional results from candidates
    under any circumstances. (end quote)

Your Exams Officer must know this and I would be very very surprised if they would agree not to release them to candidates if they had received them on the 12th.

7. We were told results very very bad and the hod was not sure how to handle the situation.

I also wonder what you are talking about when you refer to a student login? I have never heard of this and to date have not been allowed the schools login details for some reason.

I do suspect something fishy in all honesty and as the tip of a very large ice berg I took a meeting with the head and asked to be with withdrawn from my contract with them. For like I said several reasons including the fact that if I stay there I will almost certainly fail my nqt.H

8. You think I'm joking? Or what? Not quite understanding.

9. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

If it's AQA you can request your own login. Just ask the Exams Officer to get it done for you then you can access results yourself.

10. You need to decide how to fight this one or if it is even worth it. I would stay out of it and leave it to the important people while you are an NQT. I am not saying that you are out of order to see the results of the students, I think what they have done is very poor, however you need to let them panic and adding your dismay/disgust will only make you a target.