1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Academies

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by drochester, Jul 22, 2011.

1. What are the benefits of becoming a director then the school becoming an academy?

2. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

Do you mean director of a subject?
    If so, then heads of department who become directors of departments last year at our local academy are now being made redundant.

3. Academies are the end of the post-war era of universal state educational provision. The conservatives have their wish - a laissez faire free market ideology apply to education. Private organisations setting their own terms and conditions, etc.
    I feel sad at the increasing demise of state comprehensive education. I would rather pull out my own teeth than seek work at an academy.

4. Sadly some of us have no choice, there are so few ICT posts in my area. I enjoy working at my school, that's why I've stayed here for quite a few years but from 1 August we will become an Academy. I wonder what the brave new world of teaching will be in the future.