1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Academies and LEA meetings

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by mossonbrick, Jun 12, 2011.

1. There is a God. Was told in Friday's morning meeting that as we are not an lea school anymore, we shouldn't go to any more lea meetings - our academy smt feel that they represent poor value and won't pay the fees for this service. I will miss the excellent dinners and the chance to chat with other hods, but not the pointlessness of nearly every meeting i've been to. No more APP twaddle. No more idiotic strategies, no more folders with hundreds of pages that never got looked at. Ahhh bliss. I can just do my job now. I confess to having a celebratory beer or three Friday night. LEA RIP.

2. Training_2_Teach

Training_2_Teach New commenter

I miss that too.

[​IMG]

3. I recently dumped all my National Strategies materials and had a party to celebrate.
    Shame that tens of millions of pounds of taxpayers money wasted tho. Long live New Labour education policy! Hooray (Henry) to the Tories doing no better. Where next? Monster Raving Looneys and a monster APP grid for ICT (just like the English and Maths ones)?