1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Academic diaries

Discussion in 'Primary' started by primaryteacher12, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Hello, I am an NQT and begin my first teaching job in September!
    Just wondering- Can any one recommend a good academic diary that they use?

2. razziegyp

razziegyp New commenter

Check first to see if your school gives you one.....ours does.

3. Ours gives us an A5 page per day one, its not brilliant but OK for jotting stuff down in. Id prefer an A4 page per day one really.

4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

We get A5 two pages per week, I like to do as little as possible!

5. We get given a bog standard academic dairy from the school, but as I like to keep all my notes from meetings and training sessions together, it doesn't have enough space in it.
    Pukka pads (usually available in a5 and a4 from larger whsmiths) are quite good. They have an academic monthly overview at the front, moveable section dividers and lots of space for notes.

6. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

paperchase do one

7. Is it only me who gets excited when the new academic diaries are given out? Perhaps I need to get out more.
    The best one I ever bought was from WHSmiths, they have lots of pretty designs too.

8. I was in Ryman's yesterday, I nearly bought one even though school have given me one already. We can choose between A4 and A5, and also pick a colour. Spoilt!

9. Used to get the Teacher's Diary from that company and it was great - kept everything in one place. The diary has a week-to-view over a double page which works better for me than a page a day! My school don't give us anything, so I purchased one from them the other week. Realised when I got it I'd ordered the wrong one, but that's beside the point!

10. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Go to WHSmiths or a supermarket in August and just choose a pretty one. Or ask at your new school for a dull boring navy blue one.

I'm a pretty own bought diary kind of person. Mine is about A6 in size this year, but I fear might need a bigger one next year as more responsibilities and so more things to remember. Still going to be a cool and lovely one though.

11. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

We get one from the school. We've had nice colours for the last few years, but I believe next year's in black. Boring. I will have to decorate appropriately...

12. No, you're not! I am a little obsessed with new stationary etc too!
    Thanks for all the replys. I have had a look at the ed plan diaries, they look pretty good...

13. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I buy a Collins academic, A4 week to view one every year, cover it in tackyback, paste in a contact numbers page, job done. I find A5 too small, always getting lost in my bag and too little space. Page a day is too much. School gives out cheap and cheerful ones, which fall apart after less than a term of being knocked about.

14. How weird that we all have a secret love of stationery- perhaps this is a teacher trait! We should carry out a scientific investigation!

15. We aren't offered a school one but that's OK with that. I love shopping for a new diary. Just have to work very hard to resist the urge to buy other notebooks, pens, any stationery really!

16. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I've just bought a pack of Sharpies, everything in my class will be permanently named! ( I love stationery too!)

17. I have a ton of Sharpies! the children consider it a real treat to be allowed to use one to write on things for me!

18. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Minnie goes off to google 'sharpies' as she thinks she might be missing out!