1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Abusive, shouty teachers in my new school. What to do?

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by alice67, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Sorry; posts crossed...

2. If that's the reality, then you do have a case. However, I haven't come across this kind of thing too much.... most of the teachers I've known haven't been as you describe. Why are all these unprofessional types gathered together in one school? What's the school culture like?

3. If it is so bad why isn't she going to the HT herself? I would fire your own bullets if you must but don't fire hers.
    If you do go to the HT I think it bodes ill for you unless you have specific examples. Even then I would hesitate.

4. The post script is that I did complain to the head after witnessing a particularly unpleasant scene, where a teacher physically threatened to hurt children- also witnessed by others. NOTHING was done. I have now left the school, which incidentally has just received an excellent OFSTED evaluation...

5. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

I have found that sometimes it can be highly productive.

False dichotomy.

*I realise this is an oldish thread btw.