1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Absolutely Exhausted!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by giggles_88, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Is anyone else absolutely exhausted after school? More often than not I have to have a nap when I get home!.....I usually get a decent amount of sleep at night (even though sometimes it takes me ages to switch off and get to sleep!) and I am generally healthy, eating and excercising well. I've noticed it more after being off for Christmas and being able to last a whole day! How on earth people cope with families to look after when they get in I don't know!!....
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. Is anyone else absolutely exhausted after school? More often than not I have to have a nap when I get home!.....I usually get a decent amount of sleep at night (even though sometimes it takes me ages to switch off and get to sleep!) and I am generally healthy, eating and excercising well. I've noticed it more after being off for Christmas and being able to last a whole day! How on earth people cope with families to look after when they get in I don't know!!....
    Thanks [​IMG]

3. I am the same, i go to bed at about 9pm most nights and have to get up at 5.30am so am getting enough sleep but totally exhausted by 3pm!!!!

4. Oh I am EXHAUSTED. Most nights I'm in bed just after 9, and up by 5:45. I'm getting enough sleep too, but just drained by the end of the day. Those kiddies really tucker me out!
    And I second the unfathomable task of taking care of a family after a day at school. How do people do it? I have a teacher-friend who has recently gone from a 5 day work week to a 4 day work week because she just can't get any time to manage a home, spend time with her 3 kids, and be the teacher she wants and needs to be. The task of being a teacher has become this all-consuming job that takes over every minute and every thought. It's so hard to turn off at the end of the day and not think about my class, planning, assessments, and how to make it exciting and accessible to my kids. I can't imagine having a child of my own to look after on top of that!

5. Me too but I thought it was just my age! I feel burnt out and overwhelmed already[​IMG]

6. I am so glad I saw this thread today! I had a bit of
    ameltdown earlier about my lack of social life
    Mondsy to Friday and my excessive tiredness!

I go to bed around 9 o clock every day, and
    wake up just before 7. I never wake up refreshed
    except at weekends when I normally sleep for just
    over 10 hours.

I am always exhausted by 3 and never have
    any energy to do work after school (although I havd to!), but
    try to do as much in the 90 minutes I have before
    the children get in!

Any words of advice on anyone? I know I don't
    do nearly enough exercise. I do eat very healthily
    but always rely on sugar to get my through between
    meals to get energy, which I know I shouldn't!

7. Hi
    I've been teaching 15 years now and have 2 boys aged 8 and 12. I'm up at 6.30am and in bed by 10pm. I can't say I'm exhausted, tired yes but not exhausted. I eat well, exercise a couple of times a week.
    My problem is I often find myself struggling to get to sleep as I think too much about school!
    There is no tiredness worse than that when you've got a newborn baby and they are awake every 2/3 hours!
    Louise

8. hi there i too am exhausted and cant keep my eyes open but as soon as my head hits the pillow i am head spinning thinking about what i shouldve got done today, how that will effect tomorrow how i could improve so and so sound skills etc .... HOWEVER have recently discovered Bachs Flower remedy White chestnut (a few drops in a glass of water taken 15 mins before bed) and i do have to say it HAS made a difference! :) no head spinning thoughts going over and over ... its all natural and costs about a fiver on line? even if it IS all psychological hey its worth a try?? im keeping on it for a while ... at least til the threat of imminent ofsted has gone!

:) good night all

9. Did anyone else try the Bachs Flower remedy White chestnut that jel65 wrote about? I've posted a post in the health and wellbeing forum about taking vitamins, does anyone feel they help?

10. Msz

Msz Established commenter

A few years ago I was suffering from "exhaustion" and the nursery teacher used to dose me with double strength vitamins ... then they discovered I had glandular fever

11. Oh no! I have got a sinus infection at the moment which is not helping the tired-ness!!