1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Absence stage 2 meeting

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by mrjharrison, Mar 14, 2012.

1. I have been summoned to a stage 2 absense meeting. It is apparantly at the deputy heads discretion (who really has never got on well with me).

I have had 6 days over a period of 4 instances. The stage one trigger is only 3 instances or 6 days in total.

What is entailed in these meetings and should I be worried? I already have union representation for the meeting.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

J

2. I have been summoned to a stage 2 absense meeting. It is apparantly at the deputy heads discretion (who really has never got on well with me).

I have had 6 days over a period of 4 instances. The stage one trigger is only 3 instances or 6 days in total.

What is entailed in these meetings and should I be worried? I already have union representation for the meeting.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

J

3. Before anyone can advise you in any useful way I would want to know more details about the kind of school (state or private), which country for starters. It all depends on many factors but any disciplinary matters must be treated with seriousness and the utmost preparation and concern. Without assuming anything the facts you state confirm you have breached a code of attendance. Put yourself in the shoes of management and deal with it with an employee of your calibre. That may answer and allay your concerns one way or another. Your gut instinct usually is the right one. Best of luck! Sorry for being vague.