1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Above average teacher ?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by matthewlamey, Feb 11, 2016.

1. matthewlamey

matthewlamey New commenter

Dear all
    Advice needed ! I have been a primary school teacher for 12 years working in 3 schools.
    I moved to my current one 3 years ago as Phase / Assessment Leader working in ks2. The school is in a challenging area but doing well after 2 years the SLT was restructured , I am still on the SLT but now manage dinner times and not a phase,,,which was my main reason for taking the job.
    The school is a long commute from where I live it usually takes at least 1 and a half hours in total ! With 3 young children this is becoming hard , on my average day I leave at 7 and return at 6 30. I have never worked harder in my life! I haven't had a dinner minute since last March !
    My original plan was to stay for 2 years before looking for an assistant/ deputy head role nearer home. I have recently had my PM and the head graded the lesson as very good but not outstanding this is the 5th one the run graded this way.
    All the ads/ deputy roles ask for an outstanding teacher which I am not ,deep down I have always known this ?
    Any suggestions / tips will be helpful
    Thanks

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

First tip might be to make sure you're not posting under your real name? You can ask @TES_Rosaline to change it for you

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Or you could email help@tesglobal.com and ask them to change it . . .

Now let's look at your issue. Outstanding teachers? How many of those are around? And whose definitive judgment?

No school is going to ask for a not outstanding teacher. :) Just make sure that you comply with the other criteria by doing an E.S. and checking.

Come down to the Jobseekers Forum (scroll down the forum list) and ask all about the applications advice.

Best wishes

wanet likes this.